• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I Use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gilgamesh

can i use silver thermal paste to unclock the XP and some superglue to fill the gaps? I have no idea where to get conductive ink:eh?:

try rear window defogger repair from any auto parts store. its decent enough and easy to find. i wouldnt suggest as2 at all. that stuff heats up its gonna run.and then see mr. BlueSmoke whos hiding in your case. lol sorry i need some humor right now!

yea..use superglue to fill the pits...as far as using AS2-AS3 to connect them...this is what Artic Silver has to say:
Negligible electrical conductivity.
Arctic Silver 3 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity. It is only electrically conductive in a thin layer under extreme compression.
(While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 3 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. The compound is slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridged two close-proximity electrical paths.)

Why risk it? It is hard enough using something that is proven to work and not very expensive at all. If you are looking for cheap alternatives or are having difficulty locating/obtaining defogger paint then post a thread to that effect and you surely will get numerous replies.

Oh, lest I forget, Welcome to the Forums.:)

Back