• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blu Ray Burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally, I'd wait to find one for $100. There've been a couple deals on the LG 10x ones for $99, one was on Newegg last month, then another a couple weeks ago on... Mwave, I think? There's probably going to be more deals like that popping up here and there, if you keep your eyes out.

read the reviews at that link, several people say that it will not read region codes, meaning that it will not play movies from Any region.

I am interested in purchasing a blue-ray burner/player, and that is enough to keep me from choosing that one.

There are a lot of reviews that say they do play movies though... Do not all blu rays have region codes, or is there a chance Newegg fed someone an RMA disguised as a new product?

Update: I just installed the aforementioned LG burner. I don't have any media to burn with but when I installed it had 5 region code changes left. I used one and put in my "I Am Legend" blu ray disk (the only one I have) and it played back flawlessly. I will hopefully have a chance to try it with newer disks in the coming weeks but so far, so good. It's nice that it comes with Cyberlink. Also, the 3D glasses are kewl :).

Other than the fact that the drive tray looks and feels like it would snap in half if you blew on it too hard, I'd say the drive is great and well worth the $80 I spent on it.

Update: I just installed the aforementioned LG burner. I don't have any media to burn with but when I installed it had 5 region code changes left. I used one and put in my "I Am Legend" blu ray disk (the only one I have) and it played back flawlessly. I will hopefully have a chance to try it with newer disks in the coming weeks but so far, so good. It's nice that it comes with Cyberlink. Also, the 3D glasses are kewl :).

Other than the fact that the drive tray looks and feels like it would snap in half if you blew on it too hard, I'd say the drive is great and well worth the $80 I spent on it.

How did u get it for $80?

Back