• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Improve TVersity with Network wireless possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pectin232

I have currently PS3 with tversity 1.9 with dir655. PC streaming videos is hardwired to router DIR 655 [PC is vista, 4GB, Q9550,etc] but is streamed 'Wirelessly' to PS3 [no Cables to PS3]...sometimes it stutter but otherwise it works well... these are all MP4 formats at 1280 x 400+ or so...it stops for a few seconds but continues on for like 30-35 mins and the stops for like 5-8 secs... the thing is.... it works 'sort of' well... besides this 'little setback'... I am trying to find a way to improve this by eliminating hard-wiring completely by using all wireless... [sick of cables].. can this be done? I heard about the DLink Dir855 and pairing it with a DWA-160 wireless USB. According toe Dlink it supports Hi-Def [I know it is all hog wash] but seriously how well it works. I do not mind if it works only 60% better than what I have with NO CABLES... or maybe no CABLES will not be possible for at least another 4-5 yrs.... suggestions? Settings for Router then to improve speed for movies.. no games here?

Back