• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random BSOD Memory Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetaX

I have been having some random BSOD errors..when I installed Chrome and GTalk, and some other apps I'd keep getting BSOD..I soon found out that the timing in BIOS was not right so I adjusted it to 9-9-9-24, but now I just got another random BSOD after a couple days of running smoothly..and Chrome was the cause again..

I am wondering if there is more timing settings I need to set, in my BIOS there is "Advanced timing settings", while the 9-9-9-24 just went in the Standard.

The RAM I have is http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDgQ8wIwAg#

And my Motherboard is the GIGABYTE P55A-UD3

cpuz0.png

:welcome: to the forums.

Could we get a shot of your SPD table in cpuz as well, timings look correct, but i see your running 8GB, if that's via 4 sticks , I'm guessing (no intel xpert, but from what i've seen) you may have to bump one of your voltages in the bios a tad for the load of all 4 sticks..

and with a closer looks at your cpuz.. your proc is running 2926 at the time of screen shot, which mean it "should" be running full VID voltage too, which i'm pretty sure should be more than 0.9volts... :eek: Shouldnt that be somewhere around 1.3ish ? that could be a culprit for BSOD's if your cpu is running severly undervolted..

With the timings set to 9-9-9-25 on both channels (all sub-timings set to Auto), manually adjust the System Memory Multiplier to x10 (it's at x8 currently; 2:8 ratio = DDR3-1066) for an effective DDR3-1333, w/ Command Rate set to 2. Like replice suggested, manually adjust the QPI/VTT voltage from Auto (1.10V) to 1.25V, and the DRAM voltage to 1.60V. Adjust Load-Line Calibration to Level 2, Performance Enhance to Standard, disable Spread Spectrum, and also set the following...
Code:
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Disabled]
CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support ................... [Disabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Disabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Auto]
CPU EIST Function ............................ [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology ................... [Disabled]
Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Auto]
... then boot to a flash drive containing Memtest86+ and check for RAM stability.

Back