• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refurb Black PCP&C Silencer 750 - $39.99 + shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Last edited:
PSU review summary:

Over all, the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W is a great power supply. You get Seasonic build quality, with a lot of juice all on a single +12V rail, and PC Power & Cooling's support and warranty. It wouldn't take much for this power supply to be nearly perfect. If the unit just had better voltage regulation and the fan ramped up a bit more gradually, I'd be happy. I understand PC Power & Cooling's hesitation to go with an updraft 120MM or larger, but maybe they could consider two slower RPM 80MM fans as opposed to the one loud one. For some people, the short cables may pose a problem, but I for one haven't seen an "upside-down case" that I like. I'm feeling no guilt for nudging the score up to a 9.
The Good:​

• Adequate power
  • Active Power Factor Correction
  • Good efficiency
  • Quad SLI ready and correct 8-pin PCI-e connectors
  • Plenty of Molex and SATA connectors
The Bad:​

• Nothing really bad about this unit
The Mediocre:​

• Regulation is mediocre
  • Can get loud when things get hot
  • Cables are shorter than typical

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=63

Never shopped there before. No tax in CA is a good thing for me. I just wound up spending $130 on a power supply, mATX case, 2 DVD drives, and a laptop style keyboard/trackpad to use for benching.

I just saved myself a trip to microcenter today by finding a deal on a case i liked.

This is a great PSU I have had mine for about 3 years now and have had no issues. I was running it in my current system(sig), but then later used it for another build and it's still going strong. Cost me $120 3yrs ago, $40 is a steal even if it is refurbished.

I have been running it in my rig for quite some time and rarely ever notice it as the culprit for my rigs loudness. however it's pretty hard to for it to compete with 4 relatively loud 120mm fans and a 5870. I however am sure that if you want it to live up to the "silencer" name you will be disappointed.

These are the best. I have one running two PCIe video cards, 9800GTX+ and a GTX460, all running folding 24/7 for a couple of years now. No fuss no muss. PC Power and Cooling has been the best PSU for years. Course that is my opinion. But I haven't lost a rig nor burnt up a board in 8 years or more.

I had to order 2 more for the shelf at this price.

Thanks for the heads up. Ive already had one of these in my main rig for 3 years now with no gripes at all. For this price, I felt it was a good idea to replace my Earthwatts 380 currently in my server.

Back