• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD 2tb Essentials USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoPaN

Went out to Target today for the sales, picked up two of the USB WD 2tb essentials for $72 each, I got curious and opened the case to see what drives they used, to my surprise they had WD2100FAS blacks installed, these go for $170 on Newegg, so I have one installed internally now and it real fast, if I install them both as RAID from what ive read I will have to do some trickery for them to work seeing as it will be about the 2tb limit, unless I make two partitions right? in any case im happy with the deal I got.

Oh I also put an old WD 250gig drive into the external case and it works great :)

Link to drive that I found inside: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136456

Last edited:
Wow, not bad at all. I think $100 off is worth it to not have the 5 year warranty. You should go back to buy some more, crack them open, and sell the drives on Ebay and the cases on this forum.

Back