• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit ICH7-MAX3 beeping problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xpack

I have an Abit ICH-Max3 with 2 sticks of 512 mb of ram. I wanted to add more so I bought a 1 gb that frys told me was compatible, and when I inserted it in one of the slots and powered it on and I was presented with screen that basically said press f1 to continue and del to enter setup (Phoenix Bios) so I pressed f1 and then once the computer started booting up it started beeping and no matter what I do it now beeps, even putting it back to the original state and still nothing. But the computer does boot up.

Video

Can someone help me fix it?

seems anything i find points to cpu/heat.

-Set the bios to factory defaults on power up
-Make sure the cpu fan is working on power up

I did reset it, and yeah all the fans are working, like I said it boots up and windows runs, its just that it constantly beeps

When you installed the 1GB module, did you have the 3 modules configured like in the pic.? And your video isn't working...

Attachments

• dualchannel.JPG
    dualchannel.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 48
No I dont think I've tried that way yet, and the youtube video looks like its working.

Back