• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FANS leaking OIL????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

filip04

A month ago, my motherboard died. I replaced it with a new one, only to have my video card fail a week ago.

I was rewiring my fans today and noticed oil splattered all over them... I looked at the old video card, and it had oil baked on it... splatter consistent with the fans...

WTF?? Has anyone ever heard of this? What's going on??

pics:
29capso.jpg
dfws2d.jpg
2pyxi6s.jpg
1zgzrq9.jpg

ps. the fan at the top of the case is the one that's all covered in oil... the one at the back is starting to get some oil on it too...

Replace it, soon it will die since the sleeve bearing is drying cause the lubricant is drying out, looks like the seal is broken, imo not worth repairing or re-lubing it.

Yep. Beaing isn't new by the amount of dust. Upgrade to good fans since one is dying.

Scyth Gentle Typhoons 1850s. You'll be very happy. Get a fan controller if needed.

It happens. I usually oil my own fans after time so it's not a biggy. If you don't have anything to keep the oil in the fan (fans usually have some type of gasket in them under the sticker) then it's time for a new one.

Back