• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 120 GB SSD, $229!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
F

fe1000

As seen on SD...Part of the *removed spam affiliate link - IMOG, forum admin* CM deals..better hurry when it's up! :clap::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
ya... agreed with matt.... the intel ssds just arnt holding a candle to the sandforce drives of today IMO... u can get something with a bit better read speed... with MUCH better writes for right around the same price or less than any intel drive.

Well the next gen Intel drives are set to come out either December or the next 1-2 months, correct? And they will be in line with sandforce. I would just wait for those, they are trying to clear inventory of the second gen drives at this point.

This is hardly a 'clear inventory' price though. I think this drive was on sale with an MIR for $165 after MIR...that's more of a clearance price for current node flash products at about $1.50/GB. In terms of pure $/GB around that price or lower is a deal imo, and I'm not so sure how much faster in real-world benchmarks for single-user desktops SSDs will get. The main thing is the superfast access times and they liekly won't drop by a lot, nothing like the orders of magnitude difference between a mechanical drive and an SSD.

Back