• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mp3 player for the gym/running?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

Can anyone recommend a decent mp3 player for me to take running and to the gym? Please take into account that it will come into contact with some moisture from sweating.

Thanks

Thanks, but I'd like to stay away from apple because I do not care for itunes or how music is handled by their players...

Creative Zen? I use one and it is great, got the 16GB one. It isn't touch screen or anything too flashy, and it isn't as expensive as an Ipod so it isn't as worrying if you drop it :p

Creative Zen? I use one and it is great, got the 16GB one. It isn't touch screen or anything too flashy, and it isn't as expensive as an Ipod so it isn't as worrying if you drop it :p

Ya, I definitely like to keep it simple because I'm not gonna be looking at the screen while I'm in the middle of a 10K run or lifting at the gym. My main thing was the whole sweat/water resistance because there are a ton of reasonable and simple mp3 players out there but not many that I would trust to come in contact with a lot of moisture... I had one that was nearly water proof but it had very low capacity, and hardly any options and its not working any more so now I'm looking again.

Oh and large buttons are a plus, I have big hands and dont like stopping to search for the button i need to press :)

I have a refurb Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player that I bought for woot a while back for $20. I bought it to use in situations like yours except I went cheap so if it did break I didn't feel bad. Its held up for over a year now and taken some abuse.

EDIT: bdriskill beat me to it.

i actually have the latest gen sony walkman that does pretty well, built in radio as well.. about the size of a 2g ipod nano.. wife currently has a creative zen thats the size of a credit card or smaller.. workswell too with radio built in.. both small enough to slip into a pocket or cup holder

Back