• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP server P400 errors...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flanagun

I'm working with a server that is throwing the following to the event log, I've tried googling and looked at eventid.net and haven't been able to turn up anything. :bang head: Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Looks to me that there are bad blocks but I'm really hoping I don't have to rebuild this server.

Array controller P400 located in server slot 1 has reported an uncorrectable read error during surface analysis operations for logical drive 1. A media error was encountered that is not correctable due to media errors on other physical drive(s) belonging to this logical volume. The uncorrectable media defects are between logical block address 126287872 and logical block address 126288127. The host will be unable to read some blocks between this address range until the blocks are overwritten. Capacity expansion operations must be avoided while the blocks are unreadable.

Looks like you need to zero out the HDDs, reformat and reinstall. Sorry.

If your HDDs are SCSI-based, then I recommend MHDD 4.6 and check for bad sectors.

Back