• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installed smp 6.3.0, but only 25% proc usage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

I set processor usage to 80%, but it wont go above 25%. As if it was only using 1 core.

folding123.png

When setting up did you enter "-smp" in the "Additional client parameters []?" field??

If not you will receive the older single core clients.......

Also note, there is no reason the set processor usage to anything but 100%.........If needed FAH is very efficient with releasing resources.

Also note, there is no reason the set processor usage to anything but 100%.........If needed FAH is very efficient with releasing resources.
Also also note that setting the processor usage to anything but 100% doesn't actually do anything with SMP.

You likely missed setting the -smp flag when you first started the client. As long as you added it into the additional parameters when configuring, then it will download and start an SMP project once it finishes the project it is working on.

Also also note that setting the processor usage to anything but 100% doesn't actually do anything with SMP.

You likely missed setting the -smp flag when you first started the client. As long as you added it into the additional parameters when configuring, then it will download and start an SMP project once it finishes the project it is working on.

Also also also note.

Sorry I just wanted to be a smartass :D

fold-1.png

ChasR Thank you for the link. Don't know how I missed that. I found and fallowed another set of instructions that did not explain enough for me to set it up correctly before.

Also the whole also thing had my girlfriend and I laughing pretty hard.

I would say skip the -configonly, set the smp parameter. And once you get the first WU delete the WU progress, then reopen the client and it should redownload the SMP work unit. I know this technically screws stanford out of a WU until the deadline, but who cares as long as you are running 24/7 you're getting more done than most.

I would say skip the -configonly, set the smp parameter. And once you get the first WU delete the WU progress, then reopen the client and it should redownload the SMP work unit. I know this technically screws stanford out of a WU until the deadline, but who cares as long as you are running 24/7 you're getting more done than most.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS as it hurts the science related to those standard WUs. WUs build on previously completed generations and the next unit can not be started until that unit is completed.

Simply starting a new install with the -configonly flag will eliminate this delay. If you do happen to get a standard unit, just let it complete, at which point your client should download and start an SMP unit.

Back