• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5k SE can not access internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SupaMonkey

Hi Guys,

I have a problem.

I recently cross flashed my P5K SE EPU bios to a P5KR bios so that i could improve the speed of my SSD drive. However, my SSD drive is much faster but for some reason i can not access the internet.

The p5k se uses a marvel adaptor whereas it appears that the p5kr doesn't. I tried installing the marvel drivers but this hasn't helped.

ipconfig/renew tells me that the media state is disconnected.

i have looked all over the internet for a solution but i can not find one, what should i do?

Both the P5K SE EPU and P5KR utilize the ICH9/R south bridge, so I'm curious as to how the SSD performance could be better w/ the latter. And if you want to utilize the Marvell LAN controller on the P5K SE EPU, then you'll need to flash back to the BIOS specific to that board.

The p5k se bios just doesn't have the ahci option available in the bios (even though the ich9 chip allows it).

The p5kr bios does and cross flashing has more than doubled the performance of my SSD (SSD benchmark of 380 against a previous of 160).

Anyway, the jist of your message is to go and buy a pci lan card right?

Just to update, I bought a tp-link pci internet card and everything is fine. 4 quid 50 i should have just spent in the beginning.

Back