• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5GHz Phenom II X6 1090T Cold Air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slappa

Registered
Hey guys

Taking advantage of winter, I just broke 5GHz with cold air on my 1090T.

Enjoy

Phenom II X6 1090T

Corsair H50 Watercooler (Performs Like High End Air)

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5

5GHz Core #1, 3000NB, 2000MHz 7-9-6 Ram

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1519214
1519214.png
[/CENTER]

Last edited:
great stuff slappa :thup:!

i've been doing the same here in Norther Utah. Subzero temps also.. It is so fun eh?

Cold air through the rad or is this air cooled? Not sure. No sig etc.

Nice OC for sure, wrong sub-forum maybe.
I was wondering the same thing. LOL!
Corsair H50. Watch the video :thup:
I watched the vid but there was no indication what he was using. What video there was of the rig is too dark to see. I've been using my file server for the past few weeks - no sound ... ;)

no audio, that's why! he's using a H50 though. said it in the begging on the video.

Note to forums: Slappa is using a Corsair H50 with winter ambient air in Canada. Subzero (-4 *c) :)

great stuff slappa :thup:!

i've been doing the same here in Norther Utah. Subzero temps also.. It is so fun eh?

Thanks dude! Yeah subzero stuff is fun....sometimes it gets down to -25C here so thats when I wanna pull out the real overclocking.

Cold air through the rad or is this air cooled? Not sure. No sig etc.

Nice OC for sure, wrong sub-forum maybe.

It's a rad so I thought this forum was appropriate, because I can't technically call this air cooling, just cold air +water = chilled water

I was wondering the same thing. LOL! I watched the vid but there was no indication what he was using. What video there was of the rig is too dark to see. I've been using my file server for the past few weeks - no sound ... ;)

Yeah sorry for the lighting, didn't really have another way. It's nighttime and the cooler is the corsair H50

Note to forums: Slappa is using a Corsair H50 with winter ambient air in Canada. Subzero (-4 *c) :)

;)

It's a rad so I thought this forum was appropriate, because I can't technically call this air cooling, just cold air +water = chilled water
It is.

There was some debate when the LCLC (low cost liquid cooling) units came out as to whether they were air or water and the forums decided they were water. Some people still disagree with that and I was skeptical at first but came around as I realized they have some of the advantages of water - and some of the drawbacks, too ... :)

Im considering buying a duct for like a washer/dryer and ducting frozen air from outside to my computer... 5.5Ghz i7. Why not?

Let's try it.

Maybe I'll just put the thing on the balcony. Should be sweet.

IMO if it can leak a water like substance and murder components, it's watercooling. :p
Ideally it doesn't, but it's the ability to that counts.

Very cool slappa, not many at 5ghz on air or water!

IMO if it can leak a water like substance and murder components, it's watercooling. :p
Ideally it doesn't, but it's the ability to that counts.

Very cool slappa, not many at 5ghz on air or water!

Thanks man....It did require a lot more than just "air" or just "water". However it's good to see these chips (average retail chip btw, I bought mine myself) hitting 5GHz on any core for that matter, with only -4C

I was thinking about trying the cold air like that, but was worried what the freezing point was of the liquid in my H50. Even with the heat from the chip, I was worried it might freeze in the radiator and cause a blockage.

Back