• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new PSU for GTX 470

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darknecron

Mine won't do the job. I need a cheap (<$80) PSU that is reliable, has >45 amps over the 12v rails, and provides >550 watts.
It will be running a GTX 470 overclocked all to hell.

Last edited:
Dont worry about the watts, but good luck finding quality for that much...

I dont know about that Raidmax, but generally Raidmax are below average quality PSU's, so I wouldnt get that.

And I have no idea on that HEC either.

Personally, I would save a but o money and grab a quality PSU. Check out the guide (link in my signature).

Mine won't do the job. I need a cheap (<$60) PSU that is reliable, has >45 amps over the 12v rails, and provides >550 watts.
It will be running a GTX 470 overclocked all to hell.

2 Posiblities:
hec X-Power Pro 600
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS

This doesn't make much sense:

You spend $275 for a top-notch video card and want to but a cheap power supply to run your whole system? It's like taking a shower and putting your dirty underwear back on.

This doesn't make much sense:

You spend $275 for a top-notch video card and want to but a cheap power supply to run your whole system? It's like taking a shower and putting your dirty underwear back on.

Actually I will end up spending around $200 cfor the 470, let me edit the price limit...to somthing a bit better. I have been waiting for the price to come down, bacause I really can't aford it at the current price, but they are getting far more lucrative...

Yes. As I mentioned in the other thread, with a 4Ghz i7 860 and this card overclocked to 750/1500/1800 I only broke 400W while running Furmark.

Review I completed: http://www.overclockers.com/gtx-470-mini-review/

See power consumption numbers....

Actually, now that I think of it, that would be cheaper than what I was lookin at, as the corsair doesn't require me to buy a PCI-E power splitter for which I would have to pay extra shipping.

I'ma buy it :)

Actually, now that I think of it, that would be cheaper than what I was lookin at, as the corsair doesn't require me to buy a PCI-E power splitter for which I would have to pay extra shipping.

I'ma buy it :)

Earthdog tested it "hands on" as he stated and under extreme conditions, and yes, that Corsair requires no splitters for your card. You'll have plenty of overhead which won't strain anything you want to do. You're all set with it!

A nice and timely review E.D!:thup::clap:

That may be a bit overkill for my needs.

Not really, $5 more for a modular PSU that is higher quality than the Corsair 550VX (I say this because the Corsair 550 is a VX and not a HX). Nothing wrong with having headroom and efficiency, as the XFX is about 86% efficient right about where you'd be gaming watt wise with the 470. That is about 2% better than the VX in that same watt range or 5% better at lower wattage no load times. Not saying the Corsair is bad, it still is a excellent PSU, just wanted to give you a option to get a little more for about the same $$ (after rebate).

Both are solid options. Just a note the difference in efficiency wont translate to anything more than a 40oz in a year, so thats not a selling point. However, if you can afford the $5 more, its also a great PSU and you should get it.

Back