• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus CH IV formula LLC, what do you do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svtjimmy

I've recently received my Formula and a 965BE from Newegg through their Black Friday sale. I know this board has some problems with LLC being disabled and enabled (vdroop, and overvolting). What is your recommendation for LLC? Do you enable it, and find the lowest voltage for an overclock so it doesn't overvolt. Or do you use a higher voltage to compensate for the vdroop when overclocking with LLC disabled?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. And yes I have read Dolk's guide already.;)

Rather than getting technical I'll just try and give results.

With LLC on there is a discrepancy of about +.05 volts. Turn it off and it goes the other way to -.05.

I'll give an example: In the Bios you set the Vcore to 1.44

With LLC on that becomes 1.49
With LLC off it's more like 1.39

I have LLC on and it helped my stability at 4.2 ghz. However pre-4ghz It was more stable with it off. I strongly recommend using ASUS's PC Probe II to monitor your voltages once in the OS.

Thanks for the reply PK. I'm just trying to get a feel of what most people are doing so I have a better idea for when I get started tweaking and which direction I want to go.

One thing for sure - if you haven't done it already update your BIOS. The older BIOS's had some serious voltage issues, the newer ones have solved that ...

Back