• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Early C1.1 lovin'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rop

Registered
Hi

Was tired of my AMD platform, so I bought a Tusl2-c and a 1.1G CT. I know from reading this board that the tus' isn't the best board, but its cheap, and this is just a "I want some Intel lovin' again" upgrade.

Specs:

SL5ZE - 7138A483

Using the stock Intel HSF (I've actually got the big one to, the one with a ~70mm fan - trying that on later), stick TIM - no paste (I know... I'm bad)

It posts at 1540, but won't post at 1600 yet. Have not done the pin trick, and get this.. I'm using a 150W microatx PSU, just for the hell of it ;). Currently its running Burn with no problems at 1466/133 1.575 (I'm sure it goes lower, but I don't care right now).

The temp is kinda high, 48c. at load, but with the crappy cooling, I should be able to cut this down somewhat... God damn I love this little thing :D.

If only I had some decent RAM I would have bought the 1.26/512, but hey a 1.5/256 ain't bad either...

Oh well, just wanted to say HI, and thank you guys for a great board :)

Congrats, man! Glad yer having fun (and luck too!)!

Throw that Serious Sam looping demo at it and see if it runs for more than a half hour! (j/k, that's been my speed bump on my road to stability so to speak! ;) )

Last edited:
Pecos said:
Congrats, man! Glad yer having fun (and luck too!)!

Through that Serious Sam looping demo at it and see if it runs for more than a half hour! (j/k, that's been my speed bump on my road to stability so to speak! ;) )

Luck is gooood, I've been through 3 Duron 700's to find one that even did 980 ;(...

I haven't given the "testbed" a 3d card yet.. but I have a Gf2MX, that I could try... Gonna be fun to see when that 150W PSU craps out on me ;)...

SS2 here I come

Yes, I know... but dammit I can't help myself! :)... I'll let it run through the night (and on) at 733 @ max voltage (no pin trick)

you could always vid-pin it for the maximum burn-in effeciency, then take the wire back off and run it up til it stops...would help your burn-in better to max that voltage out...btw, hella o/c w/ that tuallie...great chips, aren't they? :D

hmm any 'ol wire, like one string from a fan cable (0.001mm or what ever ;) ) should do right?

God damn that stuffs tiny!... Ill have to wait till tomorrow... get me some magnifying glass. The wire I have is kinda rigid.. difficult to get around the pins...

Tried the big intel HSF... didn't help much... I'll lap 'em and whip out the paste - tomorrow ;)...

cheers

edit: damn, that big intel hsf, has a really uneven surface.. you can easily see it with the naked eye... Funny thing though.. the bigger fan uses less rpm, both bios and asus probe have big problems getting a steady rpm reading.

Last edited:
ok, did the pin hole thing instead... worked 100%... tried 1540, but it didn't wanna go all the way into windows (but at this time it was around 50c... So I'll let it burn at 733 @ 1.825..

early luvin

Hey rop,

I was going to post a comment on the new 1.1A Celeron-(retail) too but seeing your post I will just add to it...I have the exact same setup with you except I have some high quality rev.2 Mushkin ram. I can run mine at 1,474mhz (11x134) with the stock fan and voltage set at 1.65v. Idle temp is arond 45C and up to 50C under maximum load, which is not bad at all considering were using stock cooling. Gotta luv them Tualatins! Going to try and get better cooling on it just to bring temps down. Don't think I want to try and OC any higher as I might be pushing my luck...374mz increase is good enough for me! :D

Asus TUSL2-C mobo
1.10A Celeron (Tualatin)
512mb Mushkin rev2 PC133 ram. CL2
Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO
SB Live Value

Re: early luvin

bittermann said:
Going to try and get better cooling on it just to bring temps down. Don't think I want to try and OC any higher as I might be pushing my luck...374mz increase is good enough for me! :D

my recommendation...bet getter cooling and slam it to the ceiling...I'm still not done with mine :D

Back