• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P55 GD80 i5 760 OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zippy476

I am pulling my hair out trying to get to 4.0 with this board. I cannot figure out if my board is junk or my proc is junk. But no matter what I do it seems the only way to hit 4.0 is with 1.4v+ Vcore

I have raised and lowered VTT, PLL, DRAM, Vdroop high, vdroop low, all power saving features off (spread specturm, C-State, C1 ect..) I have under clocked my ram, I have tried x19,x20,x22 nothing seems to work though. For some reason no matter what it needs 1.4+ vCore.

I am trying to find out whether its the board or the CPU because one of them has got to go.

My most stable\best oc so far is

190x20
Vdroop High 1.232 load
VTT 1.206
PLL 1.810
DRAM 1.65
7-9-7-24-2T

thanks.

i just ordered a MSI P55A-G55, not sure if its similar to the board your talking about, but i hope i dodnt have issues getting to around 4GHz. i also ordered a i5 760 to go with it.

on my asus mobo with an i5 750 i hit 4GHz with less than 1.3v ... kinda hoping i will have similar results with the MSI mobo and 760.

Back