• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moffset Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnny123

Registered
Still planning for my new build, I have a question. Looking at the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H and how the northbridge and moffset heatsinks are connected together by a pipe, I was wondering how one might apply a DD maze4 on that northbridge chipset? I have the block and would like to plumb it, but I am not interested in buying a moffset block. Again I am a noob at watercooling so none of my questions are from experience...:rofl:

I suppose there are no ways I can make a tap into my maze4 block or make a loop and get circulation? By the way what are in those pipes anyways?:chair:

Not always, it varies, but in the ones that would be on a mobo, probably. Others use various forms of alcohol in the pipes. But yea, really. The vacuum makes it so that when heat is applied to the water, it boils, moving to the top of the pipes to get cooled and recondense, which then causes it to drop back down as more water boils...it's pretty cool actually because a lot of the energy of the processor goes into the phase change and not a whole lot actually goes into raising the temperature of the water. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe

Still planning for my new build, I have a question. Looking at the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H and how the northbridge and moffset heatsinks are connected together by a pipe, I was wondering how one might apply a DD maze4 on that northbridge chipset? I have the block and would like to plumb it, but I am not interested in buying a moffset block. Again I am a noob at watercooling so none of my questions are from experience...
Just out of curiosity why do you want to water cool the NB/MOSFETs? All is takes to cool them is a good rear fan ...

This is the fun part of being a noob....I dont know why I want to cool that chip? I have the block and heard somewhere that one of those chips (north/south) run hot. I would have no hard feelings if all I have to plumb is the cpu. Those damn blocks are so cool looking though...:soda: Then I have the vga ones?

Back