• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great article on Tom's about Warcraft performance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

yup done it all but still read it again :) good article sent to mate and he said wtf are you sending me this for // sigh

maybe cause you spend 10 hrs a day on it !!!!

I feel kind of bad, when I used to play WoW I told my cousin that I played WoW with to get a 9800GX2 because they were on sale cheap for like $150. For that price it was the best bang for your buck. Except for the fact that it ran better in single gpu mode than dual lol. Then he gave it to his other brother that played WoW even more and I had to do the same thing and disable GPU #2.

You'd think if WoW makes $50'000'000 a month they could afford making the game run faster with better graphics.
Back when I played on the best card at the time, X850XT, I got 60fps at 1600x1200, now you need a 5850 to get that performance, and instead of a 2.2GHz K8 dualcore... 3GHz i5.
10x the power and 6 years later... I don't see a big difference.
Ehh, got the game when it originally came out, hit 60, left.
I don't get why it's soo big, maybe the addiction research wasn't targeting beyond the average masses.

One thing I have not been able to find with the new graphics settings is the ability to turn down weather effects. I have a card that can run them great, I just don't like them and I miss the ability to almost turn them off.

For World of Wacraft

Code:
CPU: Intel > AMD
GPU: NV > AMD

The video card preference has been known for a while. This is the first mass scale CPU testing for WoW and framerate I've seen. Would have liked a clock for clock comparison between Intel and AMD, but I'll take what I can get. Its pretty obvious Intel is better clock for clock, but I would like to know how much (because I'm curious like that).

Back