• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some final details... need advice/opinions (pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koven

Registered
700d loop in progress!

current stage..

dscn0088p.jpg

Last edited:
you can pop the top off the res and drain it in a big cup lol i have the same res on my 800d

you can pop the top off the res and drain it in a big cup lol i have the same res on my 800d

will that get all the water? do i need to flip the case upside down?

any pics of ur setup?

Put a tline with a plug on the end and have it come off the bottom of the res, enough tubing to reach outside of the case. You have a wire hole right there you could tuck the hose into, keeing the drain tube better hidden. Or get a self sealing quick disconnect and stub it off the output of the pump, and connect the drain tube to it when it's time to drain.

Intake is best for ANY rad. the inside case air is warmer than the room air.

If that res doesn't have the long tube to the bottom from the top, your going to want your water to go into the bottom of the res. Otherwise you'll have a bubble making machine.

If the rad is intake, all the other case fans should be exhaust.

Put a tline with a plug on the end and have it come off the bottom of the res, enough tubing to reach outside of the case. You have a wire hole right there you could tuck the hose into, keeing the drain tube better hidden. Or get a self sealing quick disconnect and stub it off the output of the pump, and connect the drain tube to it when it's time to drain.

Intake is best for ANY rad. the inside case air is warmer than the room air.

If that res doesn't have the long tube to the bottom from the top, your going to want your water to go into the bottom of the res. Otherwise you'll have a bubble making machine.

If the rad is intake, all the other case fans should be exhaust.

i appreciate the response

1. id rather not add a t-line because it doesnt look good.. what do you mean by the part in bold?? do you have a link to where i can buy that ? or a picture of someone using it?

2. i've thought about intake on the rad, but isnt there not enough exhaust on the 700d ? im worried itd get too warm in the case? since my gpu is not wc'd .. only 1 rear 140mm and 1 bottom 140mm

3. what do you mean by bubble making machine? i thought that the EK vortex base thing prevents that? are you saying ineed to connect my res-inlet to the bottom instead of top?

thanks for your time

3. what do you mean by bubble making machine? i thought that the EK vortex base thing prevents that? are you saying ineed to connect my res-inlet to the bottom instead of top?
If water is allowed to just drop into the top of the res then it's a miniature waterfall and will make bubbles unless you have some way to keep the res 100% full all the time. Some of those bubbles are bound to get to the loop ...

If water is allowed to just drop into the top of the res then it's a miniature waterfall and will make bubbles unless you have some way to keep the res 100% full all the time. Some of those bubbles are bound to get to the loop ...

is there any solution to this or do i need to connect it to the bottom?

also, another question, anyone know where can i find this part? the drain port w/ the valve

dsc3899.jpg

rotate the res 180 degrees and use the inlet on the side, it avoids using a 90 and will look swazzy.

great thanks for all the help

i'll probably have a few more questions in the near-future, waiting for more parts to come in before i get started installing the loop & leak testing

btw i found that acrylic tube thing that connects to the top of the res, so looks like i'll be going w/ my original tubing route! thanks again for mentioning the bubbling concern, Conumdrum, i would have never caught such a "minor" detail

just put in the sleeved cables to see how it looks.. i like it so far, still waiting to get the tubing/fittings and my gtx 570 :)

abczs.jpg

123er.jpg

Last edited:
Back