• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim trailer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What a crappy trailer. A minute trailer that could of been done in 5 seconds. Doesn't show anything. Either way i'm probably going to get the game. Love the series. Cant wait till it comes out.

I wonder if it'll be another game that screams "Bethesda", the trailer isn't saying no, they're making enough money to not care.

DOH! I have been waiting for something official, and now it is! Not much revealed in the trailer, only that its official. WOW. Im overjoyed with this! I hope its still a sandbox game, not like Dragon Age.

I think I am going to wait a month or two on this one after it comes out and see how it compares. I LOVED morrowind, I played that game a ton, however I just couldn't get into oblivion. Between the fast travel with a lack of RP explanation and the mobs that leveled with you I just could not get into the game.

Also, maybe it's just me but in a lot of ways I miss when everything was not voice acted. I felt like I got more story content.

Wish it showed some actual game play. Who cares if its not 100% final there has to be some spots in the game that have at least some completed items to show off.

Hopefully it will have some better balance to the difficulty compared to the previous two games. Love the series though, looking forward to it. I also hope the world is more open and larger like Morrowind felt compared to Oblivion.

I'm just glad it's using a new engine, I was afraid they were going to use Gamebryo.

This matters more than anything to me. I have been living too much in the past and nostalgia with Morrowind (Nothing wrong with it at all. But time for the new) And I have come to abhor the Gamebryo engine. One way or another, this is going to be good in my book.

This matters more than anything to me. I have been living too much in the past and nostalgia with Morrowind (Nothing wrong with it at all. But time for the new) And I have come to abhor the Gamebryo engine. One way or another, this is going to be good in my book.

Rumor has it that it's just gamebryo with a bit of makeup slapped on so they could call it a new engine.

I am less worried about the graphics (im sure they will look great), and more worried about content and storyline. What can top the Gates of Hell opening in your world?

Maybe being sent to Hell itself?

I think I am going to wait a month or two on this one after it comes out and see how it compares. I LOVED morrowind, I played that game a ton, however I just couldn't get into oblivion. Between the fast travel with a lack of RP explanation and the mobs that leveled with you I just could not get into the game.

Also, maybe it's just me but in a lot of ways I miss when everything was not voice acted. I felt like I got more story content.

Yeah fast travel ruined it. I went on some forums somewhere... i forget if it was the beth forums and everyone just told me... well don't use it. Well great this game isn't built like Morrowind was, a lot of the quests are half way across the world, it would take forever to get over there.

They improved the magic system but it was still way way too clunky in my opinion to even use it.

Crafting was lacking, once again being limited to magic things.

Overall i hope they broaden the actual core gameplay and keep the same world and immersiveness. I could care less if it's a graphical marvel, although it doesn't hurt, but if it has more core elements like crafting, more people and more realism to it, it would be great.

Another example is the city guard stuff i still hate, improved from EVERYONE in morrowind knowing who you are, but still not great in my opinion.

I really liked that armor didn't show up until you were higher level in oblivion, made it much harder than morrowind when you just skip over to ghostgate, pick up a glass armor set and relax the rest of the game. lol

As a preface, Oblivion is the only Elder Scrolls game I've put any real length of time into, so I'm not sure if these things are unique to the series or not; but these were my issues.

Mobs leveling with you

The stupid leveling system that requires me to do mundane tasks as I approach the next level so my character isn't gimped

The lame armor. I know more can be added, but I don't want to feel like I have to add stuff to make the game more interesting. In fact, the item system in general bored me. I want lots and lots of different equipment and items; it doesn't have to be Diablo-esque, but more variety would be nice. I really didn't like the whole, "Oh, you're level 10 now; you now wear this armor group!" Boring.

But I still really enjoyed playing the game, and I look forward to ES5. My last thought is that I STILL don't have a rig that can run Oblivion on high settings, so hopefully they don't go too crazy with the graphics. But you know they will.

Back