• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changing the stock fan and red leds on a coolermaster V8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trushot

Registered
does anyone have any suggestions on ditching the red LED that comes stock on V-8 and replacing with blue ... and what would be a killer fan to replace it with that has blue led as well ...

love the look of the cooler which is going to go well with my mustang inspired new box but need blue not red leds :)

any suggestions on highest quality fan i could replace that stock fan for would be appreciated and all the moreso if its a blue LED fan heh

I would never buy a fan from newegg tbh. I'd go with mud's recommendation of a yate loon in your desired flavor of speed. Alternatively, you could get something in your flavor and mod the leds in.

This Yate Loon Medium blue led fan should do a good job without being too noisy and won't break the bank either.

Thanks for replies

If I exchange stock fan for this one will it get rid of the red LED on the V8

I've just ordered it and will not get it in my hands for 7 days ... Looks like top of uunit emits small red led not sure if it comes from stock fan or not yet

Back