• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED i7 Water cooling temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theCandyMan

Hi peeps just wanted to check to see if my temps are good or average temps for a Water cooled Rig. I just wanted to know if this would be any better than air cooling or standard stock cooling as I am about to build a 2nd one for a colleague and didnt know if Water is better than Air.

i7 980x (Gulftown) OC 4.0,
6gB Ram,
Asus Rampage III Extreme,
Win 7 64bit, Corsair 800D Case,
EK CoolStream Radiator XT 360,
Swiftech Laing D5 Vario MCP655 pump, (pump setting 2)
EK Supreme LT CPU Waterblock
Corsair HX 1000W ATX

I have uploaded two readings
1st temp is Idle and the 2nd is at full load (prime95)
Thanks
:chair:

Attachments

• idle.jpg
    idle.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 976
  • full load.jpg
    full load.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 842
im not a expert but those temps look pretty sweet, they are lower than mine but i bought a out of date cpu block by danger den and a sub par radiator.
i am at 4.5Ghz with 1.46vcore and i see temps around 48-50 idle and into the mid 80's when i run prime 95 for a long period of time. Ive been told temps can be that high and still be "safe" so meh.
have to tried messing around with either push or pull set ups ? or adjusting pump speeds? i mucked around with my set up for a week or 2 trying to get the best results.

i want to upgrade to EK block for my cpu and get a better rad :(

Last edited:
Your temps are fine... you need to start worrying around 80c - 85c... And push that chip further! You got tons of headroom for more overclockablity. You have to remember also... 6 cores produce alot of heat aswell. Your doing fine.

Cheers fellas, nice to know I have room for more, its been a struggle trying to decide if I should stick to Air or Water but by the sounds of it im in good health
:rock:

Yeah. Those temps are great! Mine are only a little lower, and you have a whole half a core i7 quad core more than me :p Keep going! How long was it loaded for? Can take up to 30 minutes to reach a stable equilibrium as the water is slowly heated up.

hi Badbonji, I ran it over 30 mins, using Prime95 Stress test, Small FFT's and got the following readings - it went up avg 6-7 degrees

Attachments

• 30min.jpg
    30min.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 883
Those temps are perfect. With my setup I get about the same, give or take a few degrees. :thup: Remember your setup will never see temps that high. You may get temps of about 50c loaded under games but that's about it. You're good to go.

I know this is an old thread, however. . .

Does someone wish to share their concerns regarding ambient room temperature differences between summer months and/or winter months?

For example, I've been running my i7 975 Extreme bloomfield with an MCR320+MCR220, Apogee XT CPU block, Swiftech chipsets blocks, HD 5970 block and MCP355 pump since late winter, early spring into now, which is late July (average ambient room temperature varies between 24 and 35) and when the ambient temperatures are as follows I will show you the relationship

ie. ambient temp is 18*C (late, late winter, early spring), idle is in and around 28*C with load temps reaching around 35-38 maximum, overclcoked to 4.2Ghz or not.

ie. ambient temp is 24-35*C (midsummer), idle is in and around 40*C with loads reaching 50 maximum. Like WTF? Somehow I feel like this is not normal. Like, no matter whether the ambient temperature is 25 or 35, my CPU will always behave in such a manner, probably until the temperature drops in Autumn. Please, any insight???

Hi peeps just wanted to check to see if my temps are good

Pretty effing dope, my man. When the ambient room temperature is 16-18*C in my room, my CPU sits around 28*C average. Jumps up to 37, maybe 38 maximum under heavy gaming load. However, during this summer my room's been between 24 and 35*C, and my i7 sits in and around 40*C idle, 52-53 under load, maximum. It's &%#$ed up.

The main reason my :censored::censored::censored::censored:'s confusing myself is because I bought my computer used from someone, but it features these amazing parts that well, eff... I could not have built it for that price. WHAT A HEADACHE! Don't ever do what I did (purchase a used PC with good water-cooling), always make sure you know your loop inside and out, in your dreams, blindfolded and even during an orgasm (in my personal and honest opinion). I just have no idea what's inside there right now and how it all goes together LOL!

Back