• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing a laptop HP G62?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Alright. I'm looking to OC this new laptop. Not much just a little. This is probably the coolest laptop I've ever had as it bearly breaks the 50C mark on the CPU fully loaded for a while and the GPU which is a ATI 5470 hits 62-64C at the high end. Mind you this is after 2 hours of heavy gaming so im quiet impressed. Though a little mroe CPU power couldn't hurt :) Even if its not all the time just software switch when I need a little extra ooph.

How would I go about doing this?

Not sure you can oc the newer laptops. On the older ones you could use clockgen or set fsb but you needed to know the exact PLL of your motherboard. I know clockgen hasnt been updated in ages I think setfsb is more up to date.

I believe SetFSB is the most likely, check the support list on its web page.

Is there a turbo button anywhere? My MSI laptop has one and it overclocks the CPU a little, and you can change the multiplier in the BIOS for it... Not sure if only MSI has this option.

Yeah no turbo, I'll have to check the setFSB, forgot what the program was called.

No changes in bios, its rather plain for options.

Back