• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a PS3 :-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Decided I didn't feel like paying my mortgage my month so I bought a PS3 when I saw it at Wal-Mart with a $100 gift card (Hello GT5 and Blu Ray titles :) )

Anyway do you guys have any recommendations for games on this? Either on the store (I bought some Tank game for $0.99 lol) or on a disc.

So far I have Tekken6 and GT5.

Thanks! :)

The usual
GOW 1-3
Uncharted 1 and 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Batman Arkham Asylum
SSF IV
LBP
Red Dead Redemption

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas if you like FPRPG.

Call of Duty and Battlefield Bad Company 2 for FPS.

The God of War series is epic... also Dante's Inferno and Darksiders if you like that kinda game...

Get Call of Duty Black Ops for FPS.

That's it, cause once you start playing that, you'll forget every other game.

God of war is only good if you like games that tell you exactly when to hit buttons. Oh hit x,square, triangle...win fight. I got the 1 and 2 bundle with my ps3 last year and absolutely hated it... lol. Everyone will flame me but they are one of the most mindless and stupid games i have ever played. The lore and story are great but otherwise horrible game IMO.

Also be careful if you get Fallout 3 GOTY it loves to freeze up once saves hit 10mb... which is not that big. i was hitting that size as soon as i finished the main story. Basically when i stopped playin too. Then if i want to play the xpacs i gotta restart a new game... whatever beth agh...

Dragon age is good.
Split/Second is a decent racing game, not amazing but okay
MAG is a decent FPS if you get it cheap 128 and 256 players per map..
Little big planet, great game with friends or for girls who dont game much
Brutal legend is a great platformer voiced by jack black you should find dirt cheap.
Mass Effect 2 comes out next month and then #3 later this year.
Uncharted 1+2 - amazing games, feels like you're in a movie. Well, well worth it!

256 players per map on a console shooter? srsly?

Yeah but the game is horrible, IMO. I got it because I thought it would replace BF2, but the map designs are so bad. It doesn't feel like 256 players because it kind of isn't. The way the 256 player map is designed is that the map is like a giant square, and you have everyone split in to companies and either defend or attack certain spots. The first company attacks points A and B, the second C and D, etc. The problem is that each point is exactly the same. Attacking A and B is an exact same clone of E and F. It is kind of like there is 8 different games going on at the same map. If you are defending and spawn at A, it is exactly the same as spawning at F. The warehouse at F is an exact mirror as A, you go the same route to exit, etc. So in essence there really is no coordination required except for your own squad, you just kind of spawn and run to whatever letter is closest, that is it.

I didn't like GOW series either, don't feel bad. I feel that the combat is a pretty boring button masher and requires very little skill. I can't stand the current trend of quick time events, I think it is a lazy way of making your game look "cool".

So I add something more than just being negative, if you like a challenging action/adventure/rpg type of game, Demon's Souls is very very good. It is one of my fav PS3 games. It can be very challenging, especially if you don't read any guides or make an "overpowered" character. I have often died 20-30 times in a level by making small mistakes. If you like the challenge, go for it.

If you like an old school feel, 3D Game Dot Heroes is great. It is as close to ripping off Zelda as you can get. It pretty much has the same top down view, a sword, dungeons and items as Zelda for SNES. It is pretty much an homage to the game but with PS3 graphics. Can usually get the game cheap, too.

if you like MMA, then check out ea sports mma. just dont try to play online until you are really good.

Download a bunch of demos from the playstation store. uncharted 2 demo was pretty cool to play through. PS3/console exclusives are what i keep my eye on

Back