• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Short List - entry through high end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimhs

Registered
I was asked to put together a list of some of the better monitor choices ranging from entry / mid through high end. The use is primarily gaming with a size of 24"+

I'm thinking something from the Samsung BX series to start things off and then maybe a Dell 27" ultrasharp at the upper end? Really only need about 3 choices (low, medium, high). Are the Dells good for gaming compare to a nice LED LCD? Can anyone give me a 27" LED or is the 24" Samsung the way to go?

Thanks all.

I just bought the Dell 27 inch and it is AMAZING. Beats my old TN panel 24 inch Samsung hands down. I got it for 760 shipped 2 weeks ago. I have not noticed any ghosting or other issues typically associated with IPS panels either.

I just bought the Dell 27 inch and it is AMAZING. Beats my old TN panel 24 inch Samsung hands down. I got it for 760 shipped 2 weeks ago. I have not noticed any ghosting or other issues typically associated with IPS panels either.

Wow. How did you get that price?

edit: nm I think I see. Looks like I just missed quite a few good deals on the Dell. Doh...

Last edited:
I bought my Samsung 2233rz in February of 2010 for 200$ after taxes, it's 120hz and 3D ready, it truly is an amazing monitor the only down side is that it's 1680x1050 resolution. I have to say though the 120 refresh rate is truly amazing for gaming and beats any of the CRT's i have owned hands down.

Sure, decent monitor for 3D. Things will change by March anyway, so mention the 3D stuff, but no need to focus on it. If it's 120hz, try to get the glasses to review it. I'm waiting for specs on Witcher 2, the first was the BEST ever RP game I have ever played. And thats the games I have played for eons.

First/second adopters really miss on reviews as things change so fast. Me waiting till Mar or so, possibly putting up $1000 for 3 monitors and the glasses will just have to hope. Not rich enough to impulse buy, but able to carefully decide.............

Your input will matter. For 3D, really focus on intensity because they loose a lot of brightness due to missing 50% of the monitor, it gets a bit darker.

Witcher 2 and Dus X are the titles I'm watching.

Thanks........

Back