• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 950 cooler advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are you looking for in the way of overclocking and what is your budget?

this is my first one to try oc so nothing major and for a cooler 50-100 bucks i just see alot of mixxed review so i was tryin to get sum advice from people with more experience in this

noctua d14 and the thermalright silver arrow are both top dogs and do really well for the noise.

im running a coolermaster v8 right now on and i7 920 good cooler 75 deg under full load at 3.57ghz so it gets my vote!

for the money there are much better coolers than the v8 (my true spirit has my 930 @4.2v at ~80c max)

i got the v8 idle its running low 40s i downloaded that prime95 program and at 100% at 3.7ghz im runnin low 80s so this seems good enough for me..for now lol thank you for the advice

yes ive heard that before but this is only my second after market cooler so i dont have any personal expierance with many others:santa2: thanks!

good lord, now you have me thinking how many aftermarket coolers I've had...I think I'm in the teens.

well it was my first aftermarket so im happy with it got the cpu overclocked to 4ghz and its running prime95 for about 10 minutes under 80 so im generally happy with it

I just built my first PC with the i7-950 and I used a Thermaltake Frio, at 4.2GHz with HT it is at about 82 at load, so I can recommend this as a solid buy.

Unfortunately I don't know any others but I got this because it beat the competition in a few benchmark tests on some review website

Back