• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire HD5770 overclocking problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

Ok first off I am glad to be back been some time . :rock:
I am looking for some help . I have 2 HD5770 cards in crossfire I have cat 10.12 installed . I have used MSI afterburner , AMD GPU tool , EVGA precision and CCC , With CCC I can MAX out the GPU to 960 on both card s( I only take the RAM to 1375 ) Thing is when I use MSI Afterburner I can unlock the card just fine just after doing so it locks the computer up . AMD GPU tool is just not all that user friendly and I still do not like it . EVGA precision doesn't work at all .
Here is what I would like to know should I take out CCC all together and just use MSI Afterburner to do my over clock ? Is there any other programs out there at all that will work to get the GPU past that 960 mark or am I just stuck with what I have ? What can I do if any thing at all . Please help . also note I am running windows 7 64 OS .

dont push the ram up so far.
keep the 2 cards in clock sync exactally, they say that both cards must be timed exactally the same.
unlock CCC and turn off AtiHotKeyPoller Service, so you can syncronise without ati changing anything.
Crank up the fan speed, till it is stable, then make sure you get a fan graph going on both.

I have never actually done a crossfire, so that is all you get until someone in the know comes to help.

Back