• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech. Best I/O ever.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I recently bought a MS OEM KB/Mouse combo. It's been 7 days. This was the cheapest OEM combo and features a MS 'basic' optical mouse (that's the model) and an MS 400 KB.

Already the backspace, esc, and spacebar are clicking horribly. The mouse buttons are noticeably rattly as well.

Now, I'm not one to be 'non gentle' with my peripherals. That's the whole reason for this thread.

I also have a cheapo OEM KB mouse combo from Logitech. It was used every day for 3+ years and is absolutely flawless. Keys still silent. Mouse buttons still just as springy. Mouse feet didn't even wear down. On a $6.50 mouse and $7 keyboard... what more could you ask? I have nooooooo idea how these manufacturers can afford to make a mouse, ship it, retail markup, and sell it to me for like $7 (Canadian btw)... but hey. Flawless for 3 years for the price of a supersize big mac combo...

Last edited:
I'm surprised your MS hardware is falling apart so soon, maybe it was made on a Monday? Microsoft usually makes very sturdy and well respected peripherals, though I usually choose Logitech myself.

I dig lite-on keyboards. Those things are freaking rocks and super cheap.

I've gotten to where I just order a few of them at a time and replace them rather than clean them. I guess I'm a spoiled, wasteful, American. :)

I dig lite-on keyboards. Those things are freaking rocks and super cheap.

I've gotten to where I just order a few of them at a time and replace them rather than clean them. I guess I'm a spoiled, wasteful, American. :)

wow, very wasteful. just take the keyboard apart and throw the plastic pieces in the dishwasher, gentle cycle, no heat, comes out amazingly clean

wow, very wasteful. just take the keyboard apart and throw the plastic pieces in the dishwasher, gentle cycle, no heat, comes out amazingly clean

Even easier than that, use a vaccuum nozzle with a brush on it, then rub the thing down with a towel soaked in 99% isopropyl and q-tip it between the keys.

You throw out keyboards because they're dirty? I mean... sh*t man... :sly:

I'm surprised your MS hardware is falling apart so soon, maybe it was made on a Monday? Microsoft usually makes very sturdy and well respected peripherals, though I usually choose Logitech myself.

I can't say as I've encountered any of these sturdy peripherals.

I bought an MS natural keyboard when they first came out 14 years ago. Took a Cocacola spill. Some keys stopped functioning. (at the digital level not stuck down). Then the spacebar went clacky. This six months. I type very gently by the way. Sometimes when gaming I hit the keys a little hard. Nothing like the guy on youtube who puts holes in his keys with his FINGERS because he types so hard... gets angry about it, and makes a video of him taking out a Razer keyboard with a rifle....... but hard. Also about ten years ago I had an MS Sidewinder 2 joystick (non force feedback version). It was about $80. POV had suffered digital failure after 1 month. Replacement lasted about a year before it literally started to fall apart. My current Saitek AV8R is used with much more force and much less consideration for its well being... Also golden 3 years later.

My 3 year old cheapo logitech has taken bangs, "video game anger" level spacebar and WSAD smashes, spills, hot and cold extremes...

It works exactly the same as when it was new. As does the accompanying mouse. My friend has an identical peripheral set purchased at the same time and he beats the living **** out of his KB. Also mint.

Here's the KB with the holes in it.

Here he is putting bullets through the Razer and a Logitech

"The Razer seems to be more durable under certain kinds of stress"

(I'm pretty sure shooting at keyboards of any kind is running them outside of mfg spec)...

Last edited:
I have, quite literally, beat the crap out of my G15 in the past 3-5 years. The only thing that has broke is the stands on the back of the keyboard. Their products are bulletproof.

I have, quite literally, beat the crap out of my G15 in the past 3-5 years. The only thing that has broke is the stands on the back of the keyboard. Their products are bulletproof.

If you watch that, you will see Logitech products are not, infact, bulletproof. They are HIGHLY reliable for their price. Bulletproof they are not. You can see clearly several bullets go right through. :rofl:

Back