• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Outage - Weird Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ryne

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and wanted to ask a question.

A couple of days ago I had a power outage. The next day when I got up I powered on the computer, it went through post, but didn't hit the windows loading screen right away. After letting it sit for about 2 minutes the windows loading screen finally showed.

After that It got to the log-in box, where there was nothing but a loading circle for about 2-3 minutes. My mouse/keyboard wouldn't work so I just reset.

After reseting, everything was back to normal and I haven't had a single problem yet.

- I have Windows 7 Professional
- My computer usually sleeps (meaning when the power went out it was in hybrid sleep
- When I got back on I checked event log and it said that my computer came in and out of sleep about 4 times

Like I said, I haven't had a single issue. I've re-run previous benchmarks with the same results. I'm just kind of worried that something might ****-itself sooner or later.

Win 7 Pro
2 GB DDR3 Kingston
500GB WD BLUE
XFX HD4890
aSrock H55-M

Welcome!

Im sorry to say only time will tell as far as if somethingmay crap out later. And also who is to know if it was cuased by this or natural causes. I guess Im saying dont worry about it. Your testing is fine now so it was probably just a hiccup on the power outage and has since cleaned itself up with a fresh boot. :)

Back