• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T - help get me stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

I am running a 1090T on a Crosshair IV Formula board.

All is fine with the OC Button overclock of 3.7 GHz with a 4.1GHz Turbo, however I am aiming for a 4GHz overclock.

So far I have tried the following settings:
CPU Bus: 200MHz
CPU Ratio: 20x
DRAM Freq: 1600MHz
CPU / NB Freq: 2800MHz
HT Freq: 2000MHz

Voltages:
CPU: 1.44v
CPU/NB: 1.3v
DRAM: 1.7v

CPU LLC: Enabled
CPU/NB LLC: Enabled

Cool N Quiet: Disabled
C1E: Disabled
Turbo: Disabled

All seems to run OK in Prime for an hour or so, then I get Core 5 fail.

Temps are OK - and controlled by the Q-Fan controller in silent mode - CPU temp does get to around 60c though, but core temps are mid 40s.

Any ideas what I need to do? More CPU v?

How can your core temps be lower than your CPU temp? This makes no sense. 60 C could be the problem?

Board temps are 45-48c.

Prime95'd for an hour and a half, and left folding for 3 hours (still going) with a CPU v upped to 1.475v.

Is an HTT of 2000 ok or should I try increasing this?

As for why the CPU temp is higher than the core - well it has been since I had the board & CPU, so nothing new for me.. it's currently showing CPU 59c, core 50c - ambient is 20c

So do you think I should be able to lower my volts - and therefore lower temps too?

Those last temps above are folding with CPU and GPU (both on same water loop).

They would probably drop if fan / pump speed were increased, but at the mo they are still pretty quiet (pump @ 1720rpm, case and rad fans at 850rpm).

Prime95 has been running for nearly 3 hours with the following settings:
CPU v - 1.425v in TurboV - 1.455v - 1.464v showing in CPU-Z and AIDA64
CPU/NB - 1.2875v in TurboV - 1.296v -1.330v showing in AIDA64

Following temps from AIDA64 Extreme (Everest)
Motherboard - 45c
CPU - 61c
Cores - 49c
North Bridge - 51c
South Bridge - 43c

That was with the following settings:
CPU Bus - 200MHz
CPU Mult - x20
CPU/MB - 2800
HTT - 2600
DRAM - 1600 - 8/8/8/24/32/2T

I am going to call that "stable" (enough) for the time being and leave the machine folding GPU & CPU as I am heading out for the afternoon in a bit. I will check when I get home later - fingers crossed the machine is still chunking out Work Units!

Last edited:
Back