• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 pro $65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, the student price for Windows 7 Pro has really gone up! I wouldn't call this a deal!

lol yeah i know i bought it for $30 back then lol but hey this is alot better than paying full price!

Depending on your school, and depending on your major, you might get win 7 and various other ms apps for free.

I know through my school i get access to our MSDNAA which has 2 coppies of win 7 pro on it for me to use.

A quick email to the head of the IT department, and or computer science department might get you your access :)

It was $29.99 for awhile back when Windows 7 first came out. It's been $64.95 for over a year or so.

No it hasn't. I bought it 3 months ago for $29.99.

This includes both 32 and 64 bit installations? Is that correct?
I read the MS site and it didn't make it abundantly clear.

Yeah, the code will work with both 32 and 64 bit. They will only let you download one version though, but if you good search, you can find out how to download the other version from MS as well.

Depending on your school, and depending on your major, you might get win 7 and various other ms apps for free.

I know through my school i get access to our MSDNAA which has 2 coppies of win 7 pro on it for me to use.

A quick email to the head of the IT department, and or computer science department might get you your access :)

My old school sold two packs of Windows XP Pro (32 and 64 bit with separate serials) for $5.

Nice, but I can get Ultimate for that price from my school, and full install DVD, not an upgrade....

There is a way to get the FULL installation DVD ISO, but I don't see it from MS at the link provided...

Nice, but I can get Ultimate for that price from my school, and full install DVD, not an upgrade....

There is a way to get the FULL installation DVD ISO, but I don't see it from MS at the link provided...
Nonsense. Trust me that you are buying and downloading the full thing, not some crippled "upgrade" version.

Nonsense. Trust me that you are buying and downloading the full thing, not some crippled "upgrade" version.

Well, I wish i did when I paid $30 for my student copy because the ISO I downloaded was strictly an upgrade version as it was not bootable.... :-/

Well, I wish i did when I paid $30 for my student copy because the ISO I downloaded was strictly an upgrade version as it was not bootable.... :-/

Was this recently? When I bought mine for $30 3 months ago the disk they gave to download was a normal OEM disk and worked as such. I also paid the extra $7.99 for them to ship me a disk with the fancy holograms and same story. It doesn't say anything on it about being an upgrade disk and is bootable. They only let you select 32 or 64 bit and not both though, and it turned out I needed 32-bit, so I used google to find the download link for the 32-bit ISO. I burned it and it installed it fresh no problem. I think there must be something wrong if the disk you burned wasn't bootable. I think they call it upgrade because they are selling it as an "upgrade" to whatever windows you already have on there, but in practice it is complete standalone.

This was within a week Win7 was released, but I've found a way to get around it by using an OEM Win7, installing it without the key, then put the key in when I wanted to activate it.

This was within a week Win7 was released, but I've found a way to get around it by using an OEM Win7, installing it without the key, then put the key in when I wanted to activate it.

They gave upgrades out for the first 2 weeks or so, then upon thousand of complaints released the "Upgrade" ISO (which is basically full retail as it is bootable and allows for custom, full installation).

even if you do have an upgrade version... all you have to do is boot from the "upgrade" disc, but just dont type in the cd key during the install... type in and activate once you get to the desktop.... its what we do all the time at work with fresh upgrade installs.

Back