Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

Help!!! Bad Board?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-31-10, 01:07 PM Thread Starter   #1
Rigit

Help!!! Bad Board?

I bought and installed 2 fans to set up a push pull on my corsair H50. I fired it up everything is fine then I go to convert some video to divx. This requires a bit of horse power so the fans spun up a bit. Midrange I'd say. Everything's fine it's doing it's thing I'm cruising the net. Then poof. Everything goes blank. Won't respond to power button, no video everything else comes on. Man seems like a board to me. How could a couple of fans do this? Maybe I'll get lucky and it's the PSU but with other stuff getting power I think not. I need help here. My specs are in my sig. I don't want to have to get a new board. If I do should I look for something special to handle the fans? This is nuts. I didn't even have the thing turned up as much as usual. It was at 3.5Ghz which should be no problem.

4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram
1x120GB SSD
Nvidia GT-430X video
Rigit is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 12-31-10, 01:11 PM   #2
redduc900
Super Moderator
First Responders

10 Year Badge

What's the make and model of PSU?

redduc900 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-31-10, 01:47 PM Thread Starter   #3
Rigit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduc900 View Post
What's the make and model of PSU?
It's a generic that came with my new case. Gsys. It was rated at the same as my other one 500W but it couldn't take the stress. Died. While waiting for response I switched it our with my other one and it boots fine. I did unplug some lights. This is a coolermaster case but it has lights in the front. Look kinda cool but they take power and I seem to have a limited supply. I'm going to order a bigger PSU. In the mean time I will curtail any OC goals until I get the new PSU. The 2 fans have made a HUGE difference over the single sock that came with the H50. Idle temps down by 11C. Idles in the mid 20's now. Probably ought to get a 750W PSU though.

4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram
1x120GB SSD
Nvidia GT-430X video
Rigit is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-31-10, 03:58 PM   #4
QuietIce
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigit View Post
Probably ought to get a 750W PSU though.
Might want to pick and chose from those listed here. A good, lower rated PSU is better than a higher rated piece of junk, as you've just found out.
QuietIce is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards