• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5970 bois highest one ive seen so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does this work with any brand (reference) HD5970? What is the highest safe voltage to use? I can get to 900MHz with 1.16V, haven't tried more though. Going to need to push it if I want to stay in the OCForums team :)

Also are you using water cooling on that gpu? I am on air, so I am wary of how hot this would make my card (obviously will only use it for benching, not 24/7)

I wouldnt try this until you are ok with temps run gpuz or afterburner while benching to see how hot you are getting ..

if youre running standard cooler then dont use this bios at all !!!! infact no need for you to change bios yet as youre not at max with msi afterburner yet

just use msi afterburner you have 1.3v uesing that if youre temps are good push alittle higher

im on air cooling but modded slightly for better cooling :)

yes bios flashing re flashes card my card is a powercolour but after flash it thinks its a saphire all depends on what bios you use :)

as far safe voltage to use i dont like to say but 1.3v is max the manufacrurers want to go im not saying this is safe tho too

Latest yaahooooo Cheers Brolloks deffo good bios

http://hwbot.org/community/submissi...tage___performance_radeon_hd_5970_37394_marks

Last edited:
Ok then :p
Airflow is great in my case and I rarely see 70C on my card. Will push it when I get back, I need my 20 points to stay in the team!

Currently I'm using the 900/1200 1.175v bios for about a week, do you think it would be safe to up the voltage on a 650w power supply?

Question is, which power supply? Certain benchmarks might not load the processor 100% at the same time as the gpu is heavily loaded, or vice versa. I would think it will be fine, so long as it is a decent brand with enough amps on the 12V rails.

Cool, is using the bios any more stable than using software to increase the voltage? Feeling kind of lazy right now lol.

I'm using this bios as well... it's pretty bad ***... :D
yay finally someone else with it :)

Cool, is using the bios any more stable than using software to increase the voltage? Feeling kind of lazy right now lol.

it just pushes the card that little further or hope to ... i wasnt stable @ 1000/1300 i used the 2nd one and goto to 1020/1340 in some benches ...and ive finished benching and now flashed back to original one :)

thanks sir, got the water block on and the loop is bleed and ready for action
Guess I will try it, worse case I have a very attractive conversation piece

Back