• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do I plug my Hd audio cord into my mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stephen1341

Registered
Hey guys, got my parts today and started building my computer. I have a cooler master HAF 912 and a gigabyte ga-880gma-ud2h mobo
My question is, in the case, I have a cord that says "HD Audio" and it splits off into another head which says "AC'97". I've searched all over, and I can't find where to plug the cord (I know you only plug in one or the other). Does my mobo even support this?

It goes on the audio header of your motherboard so you can get front panel sound. I would read the instructions on your mobo to find where.

But after lookin at your mobo on newegg.com there is a light green header directly behind where you plug in the jacks on the back of the mobo, it goes there. Please confirm by reading your manual.

It goes on the audio header of your motherboard so you can get front panel sound. I would read the instructions on your mobo to find where.

But after lookin at your mobo on there is a light green header directly behind where you plug in the jacks on the back of the mobo, it goes there. Please confirm by reading your manual.

Dang it you are this like white on rice :D I was going to say the same thing and even point it out to him with a photoshop picture :D

Wow.. just wow... I can't believe I missed that!
I really did spend about 20 minutes just looking through the instructions and on the board trying to find where it went. I guess I'm just nervous :p first build, and I don't have the money to replace anything.

Thank you for the quick answer!

Wow.. just wow... I can't believe I missed that!
I really did spend about 20 minutes just looking through the instructions and on the board trying to find where it went. I guess I'm just nervous :p first build, and I don't have the money to replace anything.

Thank you for the quick answer!

No worries. It's good to be nervous(nervous means you are paying attention) If you have anymore issues post up in this thread. We'll try to help as quickly as possible.

Goodluck and congrats!

I have successfully built my first computer! Installing windows 7 as I type this.

Thanks for the help! If I post here again, it will be because some part of my hardware is not recognized, or something awful happened. Let's hope I don't have to post her again... ^^

Back