• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly Wrong BIOS Flashed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micjmac

I tried running Gigabyte's @BioS program to flash the BIOS from their server because I was having random but rare reboots, so I figured I would give it a shot. This is what the screen looked like:

WARNING: Before you select the model name from the list below, please select the exact model name on your mainboard. If you select the wrong model name to update the BIOS, your computer would not boot.

Model Name: GA-P55-USB3 (rev. 1.1) <---this is just a header

(In a text box below, only one item to select...)

Intel P55, AWARD BIOS, Ver. F9

Naturally, I selected this ^^. I am having regrets though because the header says rev. 1.1 and my mobo is rev 2.0. I haven't had any issues, but is there a way to undue this and download the file from the web site instead for rev 2.0?

Because the board...

still boots with what you consider to be the incorrect bios >> then download the supposed correct bios and just flash it now. That would put the more correct bios version into use...

I know the answer seems obvious, but I wasn't sure if it was that simple. I thought perhaps I would have to somehow revert the BIOS back to the original before flashing the correct version. I just wanted to be on the safe side. Thanks...

Back