• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Drivers Will Install, Hardware Related?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gibbo3771

Hi,

I have had a lot of issues with this PC but until recently its just been nuisance stuff, slight overheating, the odd BSOD :p

But about 2 weeks ago, was sitting playing Black And White 2 and the PC just hung, mouse wouldnt move...nada.

So I hit the reset button, the computer started up and instantly powered back down again. After about an hour of checking everything I finally grab a voltage tester to find out my PSU had went boom.

So got that replaced and still nothing, ended up just replacing everything since it was time :D

So I have a P5QL mobo with a intel celeron e3300 (budget ftw), running some cheap ddr2 800 ram and a 9600GT, standard semi expensive 650watt PSU (£50). New harddrive, 250GB Maxtor 7200rpm.

Heres the issue, after installing Windows 7.....

All running smooth
Games Install Fine
Apps Install Fine

What is NOT running smooth is ANY KIND of driver.

I can not install Graphics driver, sound driver, Belkin N Wireless adapter driver, HTC sync will install BUT not the driver needed to sync between phone and PC.

So what the hell is going on here?

Why wont any drivers install?

Sorry for the WALL OF TEXT :D

Last edited:
Hi,

I have had a lot of issues with this PC but until recently its just been nuisance stuff, slight overheating, the odd BSOD :p

But about 2 weeks ago, was sitting playing Black And White 2 and the PC just hung, mouse wouldnt move...nada.

So I hit the reset button, the computer started up and instantly powered back down again. After about an hour of checking everything I finally grab a voltage tester to find out my PSU had went boom.

So got that replaced and still nothing, ended up just replacing everything since it was time :D

So I have a P5QL mobo with a intel celeron e3300 (budget ftw), running some cheap ddr2 800 ram and a 9600GT, standard semi expensive 650watt PSU (£50). New harddrive, 250GB Maxtor 7200rpm.

Heres the issue, after installing Windows 7.....

All running smooth
Games Install Fine
Apps Install Fine

What is NOT running smooth is ANY KIND of driver.

I can not install Graphics driver, sound driver, Belkin N Wireless adapter driver, HTC sync will install BUT not the driver needed to sync between phone and PC.

So what the hell is going on here?

Why wont any drivers install?

Sorry for the WALL OF TEXT :D

Wipe, repartition and reformat time.

Wipe, repartition and reformat time.

Too bad he just got done doing that.

Just to make sure, for things like the belkin, the windows failed to use PnP to make them work?

You're installing the Win7 drivers not the xp ones? (yeah, i know it's like one of the one that stuipid tech support ask, but you do always want to make sure)

Are you sure you're installing with root privileges and not as a limited user?
it sounds like it's restricting your access to the main system areas, but allowing you access to the personalized user areas.

Hi. I'm browsing about 20 different sites and about to pull my hair out when I came across something similar to this. It all started with installing a new PNY GeForce 460 GTX for my brother. I suspect the card is bad, but I really don't want to test in it my rig because I have moved it (my rig) around 12 times over 3 years and am simply afraid it may crumble into dust if I start swapping video cards in it... not to mention the mainboard is already failing...

Back on topic, I've used WinXP a lot and I probably keep will until I absolutely need to upgrade the RAM to keep up with minimum specs. I have an 8800 GTS and it has worked very well for me.

So I've upgraded by bro's Lenovo (/me shudders) power supply from 280W to 550. I figure this should be adequate since I am adding no more new hardware. It is a IdeaCenter K300 if you are interested.

Windows 7 does an auto update before I can stop it, I run a driver sweeper and install the latest from NVidia. What do I get for my efforts?

dsc00036ok.jpg

So I do a system restore to get his intel G43 going again so he can at least return to the status quo.

Flash forward a couple of days and I disable system restore (doh) and anything else that could be interfering with the NVidia driver installation. Not only does this fail, but with no system restore I have to go back and reinstall his G43 driver... only it won't. Neither will the chipset driver. Nothing.

So I'm kinda moving in 4 directions at once, chasing the nvlddmkm.sys from the BSOD in one direction, trying to figure out why no other drivers will install, and Windows update error (code 800f0203) in another.

All the symptoms seem to point to no admin access, but trust me, it's there. I haven't done much on it before, but I did get a Wireless USB Ethernet connection hooked up through the control panel.

Also my father installed this program called 'Driver Whiz' while I wasn't looking. Heard anything good about it? It seems to be saying drivers are out of date all over the place, links to the place to get an update, but the updates fail.

Anyways, just needed a place to vent. Because to top it off my bro doesn't have any sort of Windows 7 recovery disk. Or he lost it... whatever.

Hi FIZ99k,

Welcome to the forums!
:welcome:

Go ahead and start a new thread, so we don't get Gibbo3771's situation and yours mixed up. Then we can get started on helping you out.

Guessing you tryed this but had to ask (Page 15 of your manual);

"Power on the computer. When the screen displays the “Lenovo” picture initially,
press the “LVT” key on the keyboard to start the Rescue System, select Install
drivers and software"

Guessing you tryed this but had to ask (Page 15 of your manual);

"Power on the computer. When the screen displays the “Lenovo” picture initially,
press the “LVT” key on the keyboard to start the Rescue System, select Install
drivers and software"

Just tried it, but it has no affect.

When I try the 'Lenovo Rescue System' shorcut on the desktop, I get the message:

'Driver initialization failed. Please reinstall application.'

Was worth a shot though.

Jmtyra, could a mod perhaps could split this thread? I thought our problems sounded similar, but I'm the new kid, I'll play ball. And don't wanna come off as spammy :thup:

Back