• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7 case fans, what extra do I need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EstebanOC

Registered
My next case, a fractal design R3 has two fan coolers and possibility of 5 additional. Now since this case reduces noise greatly it does however also reduce airflow ( case is almost completely sealed from the outside world.)

I really want this case, but I also want a well cooled computer so utilising all 7 case fan slots might be a solution. But I know most motherboards can't handle this much case fans, and there might also be other factors into play I overlooked. So can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.
extra information:
the case:
Cooling system
* Fan controller for 3 fans included
* 1 rear Fractal Design 120mm @ 1350rpm included
* 1 front Fractal Design 120mm @ 1350rpm included
* 1 front 120mm fan (optional)
* 1 bottom 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
* 1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
* 2 top 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
3400.jpg

well it says it comes with a fan controller for three of the fans and most good boards these days will have 4 pin outs for fans one of which will be for your cpu fan.so realy you only need to worry about 1 fan and you can just get a molex connector for that one=))

If you buy a separate fan controller for the five optional fans, you can plug the case fans into the controller assuming they're 3-pin fan connections. If you don't care you adjust the fan speeds then you can buy case fans that are solely powered by a molex connection. You can also buy molex to 3-pin adapters and 3-pin power splitters if you need them.

You're going to have to stick that box in another room. Dont know how you can do it, I can barely handle two large fans. That thing is going to sound like a jet engine.

I live (more or less) beside my HAF 932. It has 8 120mm fans at around 1500RPM, 1 1250 RPM 140mm fan. And one 230mm 800RPM fan. I find it quieter than most PC's :)

I run 3 san aces at full speed (2500rpm) right next to my face and it doesn't bug me at all...different people, different tolerances.

I run 3 san aces at full speed (2500rpm) right next to my face and it doesn't bug me at all...different people, different tolerances.

As I get older, peace and quiet seems to be more my preference. When I was in the corp firing missiles and 50 cal guns didn't bother me much. I can still handle the occasional punk show though.

Yea, when I throttle down my PSU is the loudest thing in my computer, but I've left em on full blast and not noticed till there was another sound source before.

yea fans dont bother me to much as well they kind of have a white sound to them and cut down on hearing like dogs in the distance and such lol

Back