• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SOLVED] exception: 0: could not bind socket to...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nth697

pentium d 820 2.8 @ 3.08 stock voltage

windows 7 64bit

Im running 2 instances on this dual core processor

my tags are -local -verbosity 9 on bolth clients

firefox and various other proggys running (virus killer, daemon tools, ect)

this does not feel like a error due to overclocking or programs interfering with each other. I suspect I did something stupid when I setup FAH.

FAH folders are called c:\fah1 and c:\fah2

computer is 12 hr + prime 95 stable

Last edited:
damn I tried to include my fah log in one of those cool text/code windows everybody uses.
didnt work. Ill try to get that.

and I should mention that the first instance of FAH is working just fine.

here is a little from my log untill I get the window thingy working:
[19:46:19] Reading tar file core.xml
[19:46:19] Digital signatures verified
[19:46:19] Completed 0 out of 499375 steps (0%)
[19:46:19] WARNING: Exception: 0: Could not bind socket to 127.0.0.1:52753: No error
[19:46:23] ERROR: 103: Lost client lifeline
[19:46:23] Folding@home Core Shutdown: CLIENT_DIED

Do you have the instance in fah1 set as Machine ID 1 and the instance in fah2 as Machine ID 2? If not run the instance in fah2 with the -config flag and go into the change advanced options section and edit Machine ID. You do not need the -local flag unless you are running the v5.xx client.

ChasR I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I did do that and I'll tell you if it worked tomorrow.
need sleep now... goodnight

ok. I tried the -config flag and changed the machine ID so that fah1 was machine ID 1 and so on. it worked but I still got an error.
to be on the safe side I deleted the contents of my folding folders and got a fresh start with everything configured correctly. I left the -local flag out and am folding verbosely as we speek, no errors.

I have to say thanks to ChasR and anyone else who helps people with folding. the community here is #1 in my books. all my Ghz for team 32!!!

Back