• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is behind your desk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

Ok, so I have an old metal desk that hasn't moved for a good few year now. It has my Ricoh laser on the bottom and the keyboard and mouse for my server on the top.

I lost an old PentiumD I had sold recently and thought I should look behind the desk to see if it was there.

I really didnt think it would be there as I rarely use the desk. But look what I found:

SNC00088.jpg

No idea when this found it's way behind the desk!

So, what can you find behind yours? This could turn out to be an interesting thread :shrug:

I found a water heater!

behind_desk.JPG

^And a CRT!!! Now thats a blast from the past! You just made me think back :) A local home theater shop was selling top of the range widescreen CRT's for like £40,,,,,Mmmm maybe 4years ago now :) Guess you havn't paid anyone to take that CRT off your hands yet :) ?

My dad had a CRT advertised for sale in the local paper for dirt cheap and no-one bit. No-one seems to want them now. It was a pretty nice 28in as well.

Now he has it down in the cellar so he can watch TV as he rips motorcycles to bits :p

Thats what I mean. Even the shop was trying to give them away a few years back, I bet they still didn't clear the stock.

I really am talking top of the range too, like 100hz, freeview, component in. Made me really think at the time! How times change so fast.

Makes you wonder what things will be like in 10years time. Hell, my 37inch fullHD will be a giant paper weight :)

Hey Thid! Stop staring at that heater you have just discovered! Someone has just nicked your top two drives out of that Antec!!!!

Oh damn your right! Seems you were too busy looking at my thread too :chair: You want a freebie or two out of my "behind the desk" ram collection? I feel guilty :(

Im anal about how clean it is around my computer desk at home. Its another story at work where dust gathers in clumps on a daily basis. Cleaning is just useless at the office.

Mmmm, the wall behind my desk has a Gb switch and Wireless N router hanging from nails. But I prefer cases to house my mobo's :)

Behind my desks are a rat nest of cables connecting my 3 computers together, a couple Atari 2600 carts, a few older CPUs (all pre-1GHz era), assortment of lost pen and pencils, and a few things I have no idea.

My dad had a CRT advertised for sale in the local paper for dirt cheap and no-one bit. No-one seems to want them now. It was a pretty nice 28in as well.

Now he has it down in the cellar so he can watch TV as he rips motorcycles to bits :p

I tried to give mine away for free, if you pick it up... no dice.

The only time people want them is when they are building arcade units and want the authenticity of the CRT screen(even then my 2 co-workers who built custom arcades only 1 of them has a CRT).

Also damnnit someone beat me to the wall comment. Until i upgrade my house(i just bought this one) i have a computer room with 1 server and 1 desktop... that's all.

Dare I look...

Nokia 3390,
GameBoy Advance,
POTS-ADSL Splitter,
68-pin SCSI card,
internal USB WiFi adaptor,
Wall, beige.

There's also some wires.

wow, some of you have hidden treasures back there! looking behind some of your desks is like christmas morning :p

i just have all of my cables, plenty of dust and then a fairly bare wall with the exception of my diploma. i didn't even find any case screws behind my desk but in all fairness, i did get a new desk a little over a year or so ago.

Back