• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

major problem while overclocking "NO SCREEN" Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mohsentux2

Disabled
hi i have a asus p5e and my problem is when i tried to increase motherboard FSB and restarted there was no screen so i reseted bios by detaching bios battery and started computer again. good news there was screen and two options:
CMOS Checksum bad
1. press F1 to enter setup
2. press F2 to load default values
BUT if i in any way save bios settings and restart there is no screen again!!:bang head
I've never seen anything like this.
so i detached any detachable component like one of GPUs , sound card, one of the rams,hard disks and everything else that wasn't a necessary component and i tried in different was but it didn't fix there was no screen after saving bios settings again.
so i came to think it is a bios problem so i flashed the bios but that didn't work either:shrug:
Guys PLEASE help me I'm out of ideas and :chair:.i overclocked my computer like hundred times and this never happend.
:shrug:

Hey there -- welcome to the forums!
:welcome:

Double-check to make sure the BIOS battery get re-installed correctly.

When you are attempting to re-save the BIOS settings, are you OC'ing, or simply setting up preferences?

Also, you may want to load the default values and make your BIOS changes one by one, instead of all at once. Perhaps you can narrow down what setting is causing the issue. You'll also see if the BIOS is functioning properly.

That's odd -- does your system board have built-in video? If so, remove the remaining GPU and try it again.

Also, could you list your system specs, please?

no my computer has no built-in GPUs.but i have two gpus and i tried with both of them and i still didn't have screen.:rain:
I have :
MB: ASUS P5e
GPU:5750 and 5770 crossfirex
Ram: Patriot 4gb ddr2 800 5-5-5-15 dual channel
cpu: E8500 3.16 2cores
i have two hard disks and a dvd rom.

After you flashed the BIOS you should have cleared CMOS using the CLRTC jumper on the board, then loaded defaults from the BIOS menu.

IT WORKED . I DID IT:clap::clap:
i accidentally saw the P5E -> Rampage Formula bios flash thread in this site and i flash my bios to rampage formula and then i cleared cmos like you told me (funny thing i didn't notice about my motherboard is that it doesn't have a CLRTC jumper it has a CLRTC Switch!) :bday: and it worked. i didn't have black screen anymore.
You Guys are Grasome (that's short for Great and Awesome :cool: ) as of this moment this forum is officially my home away from home.:rock:

Back