• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Phenom II X2 555BE OverClock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nazzrath

Registered
I just picked up my first Phenom processor last week and wasted no time in tweaking the crap out of it. These pics show the 4 cores unlocked and overclocked. Before I unlocked the 2 extra cores, I managed to overclock it to about the same specs as the 4 cores. Jackpot! Good score for $80.

CPU temperatures are 21 ambient, 30 idle, 49 load. I only did a quick Prime95 run for this picture. So far its 4 hours stable under Prime95.

Attachments

• Phenom II X2 555 4 core OC.jpg
    Phenom II X2 555 4 core OC.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Very nice result there, my 555 seems very similar to yours. It doesn't getnowhere near as hot like my old athlon. I think Amd have perfected their
c3 stepping now.
I really should just man up and give it a bit more voltage.

so far x2 4.2ghz at 1.45. x4 4.0ghz at 1.475

My only problem when using it as x4, is that if the pc has been left off for a while say like over night, when I try to turn it on in the morning it will power for a milli second then turn off, I have to reset the cmos go into bios and reload acc-hybrid, save, exit bios,then back into bios and set cores to all cores ans save, Once this has been done it then boots up as an x4 and can be restarted as many times as I like.

Wow, I'm having so much trouble with voltages, can you post your BIOS configuration? I would appreciate it.

Wow, I'm having so much trouble with voltages, can you post your BIOS configuration? I would appreciate it.

sure when i get home from work today I'll put them on,
I don't know if they'll help ya much as i think you got it sussed.
What problems are you having ? is it stablising all four cores after 4.2ghz??

these chips seem to require massive voltage once you hit over 4 x 4.1 ghz.

I'm able to post with 1.55v at 4.2Ghz but I can't boot up windows, every time it tries it stops halfway in the windows 7 animation and restarts.

What other settings do you have? I find that typically, clock speed never gives me a BSOD unless I'm really pushing it. Cpu-nb and Ram will BSOD on me all day though.

GOT MINE STABLE AT 1.47 VOLTS 1.57 IS A LITTLE TO HIGH FOR MY TASTE BUT ITS BUILT LIKE A TANK I HAD MINE AT 1.6 NP BEFORE SO I WOULDNT WORRY TO MUCH

Back