• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rollin' with Linux now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Decided to give Linux another try, installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my 74GB Raptor.

Lovin' it so far - I have Compiz, ntfs-3g, and several other things including the Nvidia drivers already working.

I was shocked when I saw it automatically picked up my X-Fi Titanium and I even had sound right away!

I do have two things I can't seem to figure out:

1.) None of these ALSA mixers are worth a ****, how the hell do I control +20dB mic boost, bass/treble levels, ETC...? (Kinda like the Creative Control Panel)

2.) Flash player is pissing me off, I can't seem to get it installed.

3.) Anyone know if theres some drivers out there for a Razer Copperhead mouse?

Oh yeah and I'm using the Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64/64-bit O/S

glad you are giving linux another try.

1.) have you checked in 'alsamixer' ? it is a command line alsa sound mixer which ought to have those sort of controls available
2.) a quick google search turned this guide up. looks like that ought to work.
3.) i doubt that you are going to find mouse drivers for linux. what are you needing to do with it exactly?

The mousewheel and DPI/sensitivity is pretty flaky. In the windows driver you could set the DPI/Polling Rate/Scroll speed in that.

Also, how the hell do I get this dualscreen crap to work under the Nvidia X Server? I have the following monitors:
1.) 22'' Trinitron 1600x1200@85Hz (CRT)
2.) 24'' Dell S2409w 1920x1080@60Hz (LCD)

For some reason when I'm launching games from Crossover the games are trying to run at 3560x1200 in a single window (I assume its trying to span across both screens and failing)

I've tried setting both TwinView and seperate XScreen to no avail.

Back