• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your oldest piece of equipment active on your main computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

Considering how much hardware most of us go through, I thought it would be fun to list your oldest active hardware on your main rig. Mine is by far my Altec Lansing MX5021's 2.1 speaker set. I remember buying these in 2003-2004. Still rocking and I have no intention of retiring these bad boys. Great highs, good mids, and decent punchy bass (8" driver) The best way to describe the bass is being very natural at normal listening levels. So whats your oldest peice of hardware in active duty.

For me the oldest hardware would have to be some of the fans. Of course the AC blower I use is possibly 30+ years old (not a joke)
I also have a 30gb hard drive from 2000 that I have ububntu installed on.
My case is decorated in old parts......

Yea some of the fans for me too when they were originaly put in my case it was to cool a 478 prescott,, the keyboard I use is from the same erra but don't look out of place next to my Deathadder hehe

The weapon grade IBM M keyboard with led modded. :D

attachment.php

and old ide dvd drive, from an xp+ machine, i think it must of been 2003, i needed a second drive so i could play cds and run my various other disks at the same time.

I have an old ide cable but thats it now the oldest computer I have running is a 286x but the power supply is going out on it

I'm using the Gateway AnyKey keyboard that came with my 486 DX2-33mhz machine back in 1993. Two sets of function keys with on-keyboard macro programming/keylogging with four macro keys in the upper right of the keyboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_AnyKey

Useful for email addys, logins, passwords, HTML, etc. Love it. I played my first FPS games on this very keyboard back in the day with Wolf3D and DOOM 1 and 2! 18 years and going strong. :rock:

The weapon grade IBM M keyboard with led modded. :D

attachment.php

Sweet keyboard, But dude you need some Oxy clean and a toothbrush to bring those keys back to spec. I have a rebranded Packard Bell and another IBM I carry in my trunk in case I need it when I am somewhere else, they just never die and I love the click.

Oldest for me is the 80 gig ATA Maxtor I use for Ghost images.

Well my main pc is far from cutting edge, but the oldest part must be the Enermax PSU (or maybe the multimedia card reader?)

One of my rigs still has a zip drive. Really not in use though it sits in the closet now. I use my laptop more than anything now.

Oldest part I have is from two years ago, that's the dvd drive. Everything else is newer (at least with regards to when I bought it).
Now my work box, that's in a case from around 2001.
My alternate case for my home box is a hacked up case from 2000ish. It's the nice compact one, the normal daily case is a full atx.

I have an old IBM ThinkPad 385ED from 1997 (I think) it has a blistering fast Pentium 133 MMX cpu.:shock: Battery is long gone... but it still works like a charm. Thing is a tank....
I still use it.... I use it to write my "book"

Altec Lansing ACS 45.1 speakers and a 17", 2 metric tons CRT iiyama Vision Master Pro 410, both from 2001.

I'm gonna put the monitor to rest soon but the speakers will carry on on my new build. I'll give them a cleaning for their 10th birthday though, they're somewhat yellowish after all those years smoking in front of my computer :D

Back