• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help the core temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de3p37

Hi sorry I have rushed this to get it on, if you need anymore info please ask.

I have just started to OC my system this week after doing some reading on my equipment I started. I have uses setting from this web page www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2007/07/25/overclocking_intel_core_2_quad_q6600/3

I am running this setup:

Board: EVGA 122-CK-NF68 2 nforce 680i

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/04/2008

3.27 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 (OC from 2.4 gigahertz)

Installed Memory: Slot 'A2' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A3' has 1024 MB

CPU Cooler is not stock but I can't remeber what it is called, sorry.

It seems stable at 3.27 but my main problem is CPU temps. Upon load up it is around 70c then settles around 65c but when I gaming (which is what I use my pc for) it has reach 107c on two cores.

Can you please help in stabilizing my temp were it is safe to game at 3.27?

Many thanks for your time.

If it really hit that temperature, the CPU would throttle, so I think those are anomolous results. Try another temp program, Realtemp.

Thanks, I downloaded Real Temp and these are the setting i got after doing the senor test

CPU Load

100.0%
89.9%
82%
73.5%
62.9%
51.1%
42.2%
31.7%
26%
1.2%

+1!!! Even then thats only going to show if he has borked sensors...

Im curious to see if RT reports the same temps. Im just thinking its borked sensors.

Sorry, yeah, Real Temp was showing near the same give or take a little.
I have tried 1333 at different vaultages from what I have found on the net but this just gets me to windows load screen then its BSOD. The only setting I found ok was through that link. I would be more than happy to just have 3gig if it stayed stable and at a nice temp. The setting I have use for 1333 are..

CPU Multiplier - 9x
FSB Memory Clock Mode - unlinked
FSB QDR MHZ - 1333
CPU CPUID Max Values - Disabled
Intel Speedstep - Disabled
CPU Thermal Control - Disabled
C1E Enhanced Halt State - Disabled
Execute Disabled Bit - Enabled
Virtualization Tech - Enabled

System Vaultages:
CPU Core - 1.45V
CPU FSB - 1.5V
NForce SPP - 1.45V
NForce MCP - 1.55V

Hope that gives you guys a bit to work with now, thanks again for your time.

Can I ask you guys for suggestion on the setting then please, thanks.

Thing is, every chip is different so to name a voltage it may not work and its best for you to find out. With that said, I would GUESS that .1 to .2v over stock would be plenty.

The guide in my signature you should read would tell you to lower them until it doesnt boot/freezes, raise it up, then stress test to confirm stability.

Back