• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welcome to all the New Members.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I want to extend a welcome, once again, to all the new members of OCSETITEAM- The Best Seti Team to Crunch for!!

Glad to have you all with us:)

I also have a question: a lot of you have been joining in the last few weeks- I'm just wondering what got you here?

Did you see one of the posts team members have made in other places?

Been "lurking" in the forums and just decided to join?

I'm wondering just for reference; every once in a while we start "membership drives" to try and get new people involved so I'm curious if anything we've been doing is effective!

I'm not a new member, but when I joined I had been lurking around the forums for awhile. Then I joined the team and continued to lurk some more. When I finally did de-lurk, Morpheus warmly welcomed me to the forums and the team, so I knew I made the right decision. So to all you new forum and SETI team members, I second rogerdugans: Welcome!

I'm Old Skool to the O/C Forums.

I used to be a Sienior Member back in the day, but I've not been
around in a few years due to...well, just some personal stuff.

But now that my health is better, my spirits are up, and I have
a decent job....I figured I'd get back into overclocking and water
cooling and such.

SETI was always just a background hobby for me (one of many
hobbies), but now I'm kinda putting some effort into it. I honestly
just feel kinda guilty that I have all this power under my desk and
I'm doing nothing but downloading, browsing, and the occasional
3d rendering with Bryce. Hell, I'm not even much of a gamer even
though I'm staff on one of Chicagolands largest LAN parties!!
So SETI made sense to me.

And seeing as how this group here is pretty die hard, and more
then a little nutty, I just kinda fit right in!

At least you guys admit to your addiction....

P.S. I bought another AMD board today (IWILL XP333) So now
I need to track down another processor (sigh)

Lonely Raven said:
I'm Old Skool to the O/C Forums.

I used to be a Sienior Member back in the day, but I've not been
around in a few years due to...well, just some personal stuff.
P.S. I bought another AMD board today (IWILL XP333) So now
I need to track down another processor (sigh)

Welcome to the team

Been here already one year, my introduction to this hobby (read addiction) was like follows:

Back one year, I was looking for a replacement for my troublesome Vodoo 3 3500 vidcard....this little fellow has made my life misserable for about 8 months causing lots of crashes, lots of data loss and pains in the back. I just went to my trusted hardware reference then (Zdnet, I admitt that I was wrong back then) and checked an article named "Where is 3D now?" and found about the Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro.....after going to lots of reviewing site (courtesy of Hercules site) I crawles to Madonion and there I found about increasing the cooling of the CPU to increase performance.

A little curious I found later about SETI and joined it.....and began wondering how could I increase my output of work unit.....reaching overclocking as the way to do it. Well, I wandered here and began tweaking my system thanks to all the guys that made this place their home then and soon I was part of the GREATEST TEAM at SETI@home.

Back