• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My temps are going up a little

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rotary

The cpu was about 35c. After about 4 months its up to 44c idle. do you think i should do a rebuild already? about a month ago i replaced the res, from a crack. i did add a x-fi HD. It seems like it started after i installed it.

Last edited:
Are ambients up...a lot? Did u use colored fluid? Kinks in the tubing? Still adequete flow? Clean the dust filters on the 800d? Intake fan still running? What about load temps since idle is. Ormally not relevent. Help us help u!

Are ambients up...a lot? Did u use colored fluid? Kinks in the tubing? Still adequete flow?

everything is good, no color fluid, just good old distilled and silver. and its winter out so its cooler in the house. does the sound card put more strain on the N and S bridge?
i do see some dust on the rad, you think i should blow it out?

i was thinking to change the blastplate from the one it came with. get more flow

easy way to check if it's the sound card, just pull the sound card out and leave it for 24 hrs, if it's back to where it was, you've found your source

Blow out dust...of course! No idea what a blastplate is either...and I owned one. Be more specif on that please. I don't think a sound card will and more srress to a mobo as most have a processor that takes the load off cpu.

There could be lots of issues here. The temperature inside the case might have increased from installing the sound card. However your idle temperatures increased almost 10 c. More than likely you have gunk in your CPU block or maybe your tubes have kinked. Please link a picture of your loop.

Pictures would be great but everything else people have already mentioned.

The 800D has pretty **** poor cooling (I owned one, I know).

Some things you can do if you haven't already is mount a fan up front if you have available bays or turn your rear exhaust fan to blow cool air in.

I doubt a sound card would generate that much heat idle or even load.

Something else you can check is to make sure your CPU block still has good pressure mounting wise. Maybe a spring has just weaken a little over time and just needs that extra 1 twist of the screwdriver to get it back tight.

Something else you can check is to make sure your CPU block still has good pressure mounting wise. Maybe a spring has just weaken a little over time and just needs that extra 1 twist of the screwdriver to get it back tight.

errr...what? The springs are just to keep equal mounting pressure, so unless one was way wrong they should be fine. Springs essentially work to expand the distance over which the mounting pressure can be adjusted, rather than have it all in the area of a turn or 2.

errr...what? The springs are just to keep equal mounting pressure, so unless one was way wrong they should be fine. Springs essentially work to expand the distance over which the mounting pressure can be adjusted, rather than have it all in the area of a turn or 2.

I only mentioned this because it happened to me with an old DD block I had. For whatever reason about 6 months after installing my temps jumped much like what the OP has said (mine was a 19°c increase).

I applied light pressure to the one corner of the block and presto temps started to drop again. I tightend up that corner screw and didn't have an issues again (That block has long been replaced).

I never said it made any sense, I just mention it because I have seen it personally regardless of being able to explain why it happened.

That's odd. The only thing I can think of is that the spring shifted...since you said this was a while back presumably it was before high mounting pressure was in wide use, because at the tensions used today the only way I can see that happening is if something bent...it is weird though, even at lower pressure, to see something like that.

Yup I agree, like I said didn't make sense at the time nor does it still but it's always worth a 2 second check to make sure.

well i temps went down to 37c, i dunno why it did that. i do see the res water moving faster. let me make a video brb

ok I'm back, I did a flush,
sucked out all the water with my small wet vac, that I was talking about before I built this pc remember? well it worked perfect. all I did was unscrew the res and stuck part of the vac on the Base. I watched all the water rush out and it cleaned out some black stuff on the cpu block.

it really worked well and my temps are good still.

this is the wet vac

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...ooglebase-_-D25X-_-100638350&locStoreNum=6372

Back