• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First overclocking attempt - need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrJone$

Hi.

I'm curious about overclocking my PC and I'm about to try it. The problem is that I've never done this before, so I would need little help where to begin.

First here is my system configuration:

Motherboard: Asus M3A78
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 + cooler Corator DS
Memory: 2*2Gb Kingston HyperX 1066MHz DDR2
Graphics: Radeon HD 4870 1Gb

I understand some of the basics, like what the CPU multiplier and the FSB speed stands for but there's many things like HyperTransport speed, limits to the speeds and some voltage levels (NorthBridge, memory) which I'm not familiar to.

So, if someone could give me some good information and customized values for slight overclocking first and then I can give it a try? This would be very nice and it'll let me understand more of the overclocking process and the things to be considered about.

Its within the super sticky for AMD... what more could you want?

An article you say that will be THE guide... keep an eye out on the front page for an article how to on AMD overclocking. Should be published soon!

PS - Dolk wrote it.

Back