• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slotload dvd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vortaku

are there any slot load dvd readers and or burner that would work ina regular tower. I love the way they look and would like one in my tower. I can only seem to find laptop models, i dont think they would fit. any help would be awesome, and thanks in advance

I know some companies still make them, but I think the problems kept them out of full blown production. You could probably find one on amazon or ebay.. but newegg etc likely won't have them anymore.

Don't know anything about this company, but they offer one option for $129 (way too much!)
Digistor

By the looks at the specs page.. it looks like they took a laptop slot loader and put a pretty cap around it and cage to make it fit 5.25 bays..

I know some companies still make them, but I think the problems kept them out of full blown production. You could probably find one on amazon or ebay.. but newegg etc likely won't have them anymore.

Don't know anything about this company, but they offer one option for $129 (way too much!)
Digistor

By the looks at the specs page.. it looks like they took a laptop slot loader and put a pretty cap around it and cage to make it fit 5.25 bays..

lmao, that is exactly what it looks like! i may have to see if i cant fabricate my own housing for it. I didnt know they was so problem prone, like just not reading and or ejecting?

edit: psionic is the man! that site has exactly what i want! and no im not paying 129 for a slotload. I will be buying dual slot load to dow hat i need! woohooo!

Last edited:
heh. see if there's a kit on ebay to convert a laptop drive to be 5.25" compatible, then buy yourself a slot loading laptop drive...

heh. see if there's a kit on ebay to convert a laptop drive to be 5.25" compatible, then buy yourself a slot loading laptop drive...

already found one off the link psionic posted, it has 2 slots so it will be awesome.

I used a pioneer slot loading DVD drive for the longest time, I think I bought it around 2003-2004 and it's still running today afaik

I used a pioneer slot loading DVD drive for the longest time, I think I bought it around 2003-2004 and it's still running today afaik
Too bad there's soo many garbage ones out of the few good ones.

If the PS3 used a tray drive it would have saved soo many from the grief of cheap slot drives.

Back